This guide will step you through the process of creating a weather based automation in WeatherAds, for your existing DV360 line items. Before continuing, please ensure that you have read ‘WeatherAds for DV360 – Basic Overview Guide’ and that you have set up your line item structure as per the instructions for this flow.
If DV360 has not yet been enabled for your account, please contact our customer support team to request DV360 access. A member of our team will schedule an introductory call with you to assess your campaign objectives and help you get started with WeatherAds for DV360.
- Click ‘create new automation’. Name your automation and select the ‘DV360’ flow.
- Select the ‘Automate Existing Line Items’ option
- Search for the line item(s) that you would like to automate. You can search by Line item, IO or Advertiser ID. Add the relevant line item(s) to your automation. You should see the line items have now been added to the table.
- In this step you are required to align each of your line items with a weather location. This tells WeatherAds where your weather moment should happen in order to activate each line item. If you would like to automate based on the viewer’s (audience’s) weather, then the weather location for each line item should be the same as its geo target. If this is the case, you can click the ‘get line item geos’ button, which will automatically import your line items’ geo targets as the weather location.
- Create your weather rules, consisting of a trigger and an action. To learn more, read our guide on how to create a weather filter.
- Choose your scheduling settings-
- How often would you like your automation to update
- Would you like to have scheduling or set flight dates for your automation or set it live immediately?
- Would you like to be notified by email if there have been any errors relating to your automation?
7. Hit ‘set it live’
Note: Once your automation is live, it can take up to an hour to complete it’s first update cycle and for the changes to be visible in DV360. Once it has completed its first update, you will be able to see the ‘weather positive’ line items as active, and the ‘weather negative’ line items as paused in DV360. You can also review the automation overview screen in WeatherAds to see which geos are eligible to receive delivery, and for logs showing the update history of your line items.