This guide will step you through the process of creating a Single Location Automation for your Facebook ad sets in WeatherAds. If you haven’t yet structured your Facebook ad set according to our guidelines for a Single Location Automation flow, please do so before creating your automation. If you are not sure which type of WeatherAds automation is best to use, please read our guide on Single Location vs. Multi Location Automations.
- Click ‘Create Automation’. Name your automation and select ‘Facebook’ as your channel.
- Select ‘Single Location Automation’.
- Select the ad set(s) that you would like to automate, and add them to your automation. You should see the ad sets have been added to the table.
- In this step you are required to ascribe a weather geo to each of your ad sets. This tells WeatherAds where your weather condition should happen in order to trigger the action for each ad set. If you would like to automate according to the viewer’s (audience’s) weather, then the weather location should be the same as your campaign’s geo targeting. If this is the case, you can click the ‘get ad set geos’ button which will import your ad set’s geo target and use that as its weather location.
- Create your weather rules, comprising of at least one trigger and one action. For more information on this, read this guide on creating a weather filter.
- Select your default state - this is what you want to happen when your weather rule is not met.
- Choose your scheduling settings-
- How often would you like your automation to run?
- Would you like to have scheduling or set flight dates for your automation or set it live immediately?
- Would you like to be notified by email if there have been any errors relating to your automation?
9. Hit ‘set it live’