This guide will step you through the process of creating a weather based automation for DV360 in WeatherAds, using the ‘create and automate new child line items’ flow.
If DV360 has not yet been enabled for your account, please contact our customer support team to request DV360 access. We will schedule an introductory call with you to assess your campaign requirements and help you get started with WeatherAds for DV360.
The ‘create and automate new child line items’ flow automates the process of creating a separate line item in DV360 for each 'weather geo' that you wish to target - saving you time and effort.
Before continuing, please ensure that you have read ‘WeatherAds for DV360 – Basic Overview Guide’ to get a better understanding of the difference between the two DV360 flows in WeatherAds.
Furthermore, If you have not yet set up your DV360 Line Items as shown in the DV360 User Guide PDF that you received upon onboarding, please do this first, since this walkthrough already assumes a correct line item setup in the parent platform.
- Click ‘create new automation’. Name your automation and select the ‘DV360’ flow.
- Select ‘Create & automate child line items’
- Search for the line item(s) that you would like to automate. You can search by Line item, IO or Advertiser IDs. Add the relevant line item(s) to your automation. You should see the line items have been added to the table.
- WeatherAds will ask you to download an SDF file. This file contains your new child line items, each of which are duplicates of your ‘Master’ – albeit each targeting a separate ‘child’ location. Download the SDF file, and hit ‘save and continue’
- Navigate to your IO in DV360 and upload the SDF file. Please wait until it has finished uploading (Google will show confirmation once it has successfully uploaded). It can take several minutes so please be patient. When it has finished uploading, you should see your new child line items in DV360. Navigate back to WeatherAds, and hit ‘sync line items’. You should see confirmation that your locations were successfully synced. Hit ‘save and continue’.
- Create your weather rules, consisting of a trigger and an action. To learn more, read our guide on creating a weather filter.
- Choose your scheduling settings-
- How often would you like your automation to update
- Would you like to have scheduling or set flight dates for your automation or set it live immediately?
- Would you like to be notified by email if there have been any errors relating to your automation?
8. Hit ‘set it live’
Note: Once your automation is live, it can take up to an hour to complete it’s first update cycle and for the changes to be visible in DV360. Please be patient and check back in time. You will be able to see the ‘weather positive’ line items as active, and the ‘weather negative’ line items as paused in DV360. You can also review the automation overview summary in your WeatherAds dashboard to see which geos are eligible to receive delivery, and for logs showing the update history of your line items.